Getting into the music industry is difficult; finding a way to effectively promote your music is critical. Many artists don’t have enough people listening to their music. How do you get your music promoted?
1) Have people listen- The only way to truly get people to love your music is simply by listening to your music. Music has an emotional connection, and having people experience it is critical.
2) Social media- constantly post about your music and other music industry related news. Good content will bring people back and will help to expand your fan base.
3) Make connections: Meet with other artists,labels,and people within the industry. Learn and network from them. Take every opportunity that arises, and go into them with an open mind.
4) Streaming services: Anyone’s music can be on a streaming service, but how is your music going to be heard? Feature.fm provides an ad platform that gives artists the opportunity to promote their music on streaming services. It gives musicians a chance for better music exposure and to reach a broader audience — in turn expanding your fan base.
5) Power of the radio: With streaming taking over the music industry, radio may seem insignificant. There is still power within radio, just in a different way now. Radio is a great way to promote your music because it is one of the only places where people really just listen to the song that is put on. It is a great place for musicians to reach a bigger audience, and for listeners to discover music.
6) You don’t need to be a huge artist or label to have your music promoted. We strongly believe that everyone should have easy access; our ad platform works for artists of all sizes.
7) Never give up — with hard work, motivation, and perseverance you can succeed!